Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Makeup Brushes

1. Sephora Classic Multi-Tasker 2. Sephora Stippling Brush 3. Beauty Blender Sponge
I have been on the search for an excellent quality makeup brush, but I never want to splurge on a brush. However, I will admit that brushes with higher quantity are a lot softer, cruelty-free, and get the job done. They apply makeup both consistently and evenly. The Sephora Multi-Tasker brush is by far one of the most universal brushes I have ever tried and it applies everything! I recommend to anyone, even to those who dislike small-handled brushes. My foundation blends evenly and my bronzer contours without becoming too over-blended like a blush (which a lot of brushes tend to do). I also like applying my makeup with my fingertips! I personally think it turns out just as fine as it would with a makeup brush.

Also, I definitely think it is not just about brushes, but also about the product and the techniques.
Product: depending on whether it is cream or liquid, and so on. All products differ in application and adjust to different skin-types differently. Certain brushes work better with certain products. All makeup consists of technique. Practice (just as anything takes practice) will only improve the end result! From experience, I have noticed a huge difference in whether I apply my makeup with a brush or my fingertips. Other times I do not notice any difference.

Example:
1. Foundation - I always apply my Makeup Forever HD foundation with my fingers and it covers and conceals just how I like it (I like it to look natural and almost like a "second-skin"). The other day I tried the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and I applied it with my fingers and a brush, but I found that it was simply the product that I did not like (too watery/liquidy/runny).

2. Foundation/Concealer - I often use MAC's Prolong Wear Concealer and I will apply it either with my fingers or a concealer brush. Both applications achieve a fairly similar look. So, it simply all depends on what I feel like using. Recently, I also tried the Cover FX foundation/concealer all-in-one, which is very creamy and thick, especially as a foundation/concealer. It is one of those foundation/concealer stay you have to "warm up" (even though this should be done with almost all products, but some you can get away without doing so).  It applies a lot better with a brush then with fingertips, but I prefer my MAC Prolong Wear Concealer over this one. Again, all makeup application depends on the product and technique.

What are some of your favourite makeup brushes and techniques?