Sunday, May 01, 2016

Spring/Summer 2016 Jean Board

A little Spring/Summer 2016 inspiration calls for a much awaited blog post. I have been creating some mood boards on my Pinterest (check them out here); however, below is a palette of jean colours and styles essential for S/S '16.
Citizens of Humanity 'Rocket', $318
FRAME Denim 'Le Rip,' $250

One of the things that I pinned on my board are jeans, here's my explanation for their purpose: I'm usually incredibly picky with the types of jeans I choose to wear. I take into account: Back pockets, front pockets, knee-scrunch, and so on. Unfortunately, the ever-so coveted TopShop jeans don't cut it for me, as they always tend to have any itchy-texture against my skin. I have been opting for J Brand and Rag & Bone for the past 5 years or so. Recently I decided to experiment beyond these same-olds. The new school includes: FRAME Denim and Citizens of Humanity. FRAME Denim jeans are actually very comfortable, the only con would be the back pockets, they are quite dispersed and wide. But, it depends on how one decides to wear them, and how my legs and bum decide to 'get' along with them. Citizens of Humanity jeans, now let me tell you, I haven't purchased a coloured pair jeans (it has been all black since...), in about 5 years ago. But given such positive raves about COH, I gave in. I purchased the Rocket jean in 'Indie' (light blue wash denim). ANDDDDD, *drum roll* they fit like a glove, they are soft, and stretchy (although I think they are catered for taller/long legged women). They are high-waisted, which was different because I usually opt for low-waisted. Yet, they've passed my picky-self.

See my full S/S 2016 board here.